Our Privacy Commitment
Why we collect your personal information
As customers of Cignal TV, we collect and maintain some basic information about you. We do so only for the following purposes:
To create and nurture a relationship with you, so that we can continuously provide you with our services. For example, when you apply for any of our services, we collect personal information about you that will allow us to validate your identity and credit history for purposes of billing and collection of fees for the products and services that you avail from us.
To improve our products and services. We collect, use, process, and analyze how you use our products and services so that we can understand how to improve them for your benefit.
To understand your needs and preferences so that we can serve you better. Maintaining a record of the products and services that you avail from us allows us to gain a better insight of the kinds of offers that would be relevant to your preferences. From time to time, we may send you product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
To continuously improve our business and operations. For example, we analyze customer behaviors and patterns of consumption of our products and services, provide customer care activities, monitor the quality of our products and services and security of the facilities which we use to deliver such products and services, train our staff, and plan for future growth.
To comply with the Credit Information System Act. We run credit scoring programs and initiatives, including but not limited to, providing information to the Credit Information Corporation in accordance to Republic Act No. 9501.
To meet legal and regulatory requirements. We perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required to comply with pertinent laws, rules, or regulations.
Where we get these information
There are several ways we collect information about you.
Information that you personally give us.
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you:
• Apply for our services by filling out Application Forms, Subscription Agreements, and other documents customarily required to enable us to deliver our products and services to you through any of our available channels (online, in our stores, or through our Sales representatives);
• Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
• Take part in our research and surveys;
• Become our Partner, Vendor, Contractor or Supplier; and/or
Information we collect during our relationship with you
We also collect information as you use our products and services, like when you:
• Use our facilities and services - whether it is Mobile, Fixed, Home, Enterprise, or any of our other products, services, and channels;
• Pay your bills or purchase add-on products and services;
• Use our apps, websites, and self-service channels and portals;
• Join our promos, prize raffles, or rewards & loyalty programs.
Information we collect from other sources
We also collect personal information about you through other activities such as our market research initiatives, when you visit and transact in our stores, when you visit and use our websites and mobile apps such as www.cignal.tv, www.cignalplay.com, and from our subsidiaries, affiliates, and third-party business partners to whom you have given your consent for them to share your information with us.
When we disclose personal information
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to share some of the information that you have provided to us. In these cases, we ensure that your personal information is disclosed on a confidential basis, through secure channels, and only in compliance with the Data Privacy Act.
We will never share, rent, or sell your personal information to third parties outside of the Cignal TV except in special circumstances where you may have given your specific consent for, and as described in this policy.
In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners and other third-party agencies and service providers as part of our regular business operations and for the provision of our products and services. This means we might share your information with:
• Our service providers, contractors, and professional advisers who help us provide our products and services. This includes partner companies, organizations, or agencies, and their sub-contractors. For example: our sales dealers, distributors and installation contractors; couriers for bill delivery; and our customer contact centers for our pre- and post-sales hotline operations;
• Our Subsidiaries and Affiliates with whom you have also signed-up with. We do so only for the improvement of each other’s business and operations. For example: we share information about your credit standing to facilitate your service applications with them, resulting in faster approvals;
• Other companies to whom you have also given consent for us to share your information with; and
• Law enforcement and government agencies, but only when required by laws and regulations and other lawful orders and processes.
How we protect your personal information
We also put in effect the following safeguards:
We keep your information only for as long as necessary for us to (a) provide the products and services that you avail from us, (b) for our legitimate business purposes, (c) to comply with pertinent laws, and (d) for special cases that will require the exercise or defense of legal claims;
We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission, when sensitive personal information that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person;
Cignal TV will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified in this Commitment, your service agreement or our Terms of Service, and any other purpose that you may have given your consent for.
For greater clarity, unless you provide specific consent, we will not:
What your choices are
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act. We would like to ensure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we have identified. At the same time, we want you to know that you do have choices and can object or withdraw your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time.
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. In some instances, we may request for supporting documents or proof before we effect any requested changes to your personal information.
Cignal TV Data Privacy Officer
5th Floor Launchpad, Reliance corner Sheridan Streets, Barangay Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City, 1554
What happens when there are changes in our Policy
You will always be provided notice if these changes are significant and, if we are required by law, we will ensure to obtain your updated consent.